Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Vancouver: City of Dreams

Today I caught a sight seeing bus tour of Vancouver. It was mostly a waste of time since it was raining and I couldn't sit on the the open top part of the bus. As a result I didn't really see much. But I did get to see a steam powered clock which was neat. I also stopped at the theatre where Bryan Adams played his first gig.

The original theatre burnt down but when they rebuilt it they erected a memorial to Bryan Adams' career. I asked one of the other passengers to take a photo of me but then a homeless guy asked me for money. I gave him a couple of quarters and some penny's. I think it was Bryan Adams.

I ended up mostly taking photos of homeless people since the city doesn't appear to have any real sights and I've never really seen this many homeless people before. I saw one guy carrying all his possessions in a supermarket trolley and a woman sleeping under a bridge. It's like a Bruce Springsteen video clip.

No comments: