Friday, February 15, 2008

Big White

Today I moved into the hostel up at Big White. Pretty much everyone here is Australian.

I went skiing for the first time since I started my trip. I was a little rusty but I was going okay for a while. Then I got lost and caught the wrong chair lift. I ended up going down a black run area and when I realised this I tried to traverse over to the green run. This resulted in me getting in knee deep snow. I tried to ski it slowly a couple of times but after a few stacks I gave up and used my arse as a toboggan for about 2kms until I got to easier terrain.

I checked in after I finished skiing and met my roommates who had all decided to go down to Kelowna for 2 days so I've got the room to myself, which is good.

I met a few of the people staying here over dinner and I ruined a game of Trivial Pursuit in the process.

No comments: