Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's called ice and it gets a little slick...

"How can I make my skis go slower?" has been written up as the quote of the day on the hostel blackboard. This has earned me the nickname Nookie, which stands for New Rookie. They already had one guy they called Rookie, he was the guy I bought my season pass from.

My intention for this blog was to write a post per day but the last couple of days haven't been terribly exciting.

A highlight occurred when I was at the pub with a couple of kiwi girls and as pair of middle aged Canadian dudes struck up a conversation. At some point we started talking about the Canadian Prairies which are in the central part of Canada. To this I exclaimed "Just like Little House on the Prairie!"

This caused one of the guys to declare me a "jackass" and walk away while the other guy pressed his luck with the Kiwi birds. That made my day.

No comments: