Monday, February 25, 2008

First Blood (not quite)

I've been a bit slack with my blog updates lately but the last few days have had some interesting anecdotes.

I didn't do any skiing over the weekend because I was a bit tired and conditions weren't so good. Last night we had some new snow cover and today was awesome. I've been trying to get some photos up but that's proving to be difficult.

I've met an English guy named Simon who I am going to go down to Las Vegas with for 4 days after the ski season is over. We're thinking of staying in the Luxor which is that giant black pyramid you see in all the photos.

Saturday night was pretty interesting. We had a party at the hostel and then went out to Snowshoe Sam's. I'm not sure why we went there because it's usually pretty crap, but I think the guys were just following the Swedish girls.

The pub was packed and there was a bit of a line in the foyer. During this time a 5 foot 6 Canadian guy with a paper Burger King crown was trying to push through the line in front of me. He started to give me cheek when I wouldn't let him through (because he was a wanker). He did however end up pushing through and he got in front our group.

When I got into the bar I noticed the Burger King hanging out by the bar as I passed by. I figured he probably needed to be dethroned, so I tossed his hat off towards the bar and kept walking. A few seconds later my jacket was yanked and I was pulled around to find Burger King looking up at me with his fist charged. I haven't been in a fight since I was 10 so being unfamiliar with bar fighting I didn't think me act of defiance would result in any retaliation. Also the guy was 5 foot 6.

Luckily fisty cuffs were avoided when I raised my fist in his direction and said "Come on mate" in my best bogan accent. Wisely, the dwarf rethought his decision and backed down.

On the other hand, tonight I played pool against a guy from California who I'm pretty sure owned gun.

No comments: