Monday, February 11, 2008

Vancouver City Limits: Part 2

Today I was propositioned by a prostitute for the first time. I said no but it was nice that she asked. I think she was homeless.

Vancouver has a lot of homless people. It's kind of a big problem, so the city built a really big park that they could all sleep in. It's called Stanely Park. It's one of the world's biggest inner city parks, but not as big as Central Park in New York. New York has more homless people.

The people in Vancouver all have really nice haircuts. A homeless guy asked me for change and I thought "nice haircut". I'm not sure where they get their hair cut but they must be good.

Vancouver is a very multi-cultural city. There are a lot of Asians. For some reason all the Asian men in Vancouver dress like gay stereotypes. Even the straight ones.

I was in a food court today and everyone around me was Asian except for the girl next to me who I think was a Chi-negro. All the food stalls were run by Asian people except for the Chinese food store. That was run by a white dude wearing a trucker's hat.

I went to the Vancouver Public Library. That library has got it going on. The architecture of the place is pretty amazing. It's a big cylinder. I wandered around until I eventually picked up Tom Arnold's autobiography in the parapsychology section (?). The dust jacket said his upcoming projects include Cradle 2 The Grave and True Lies 2. Over the loud speaker it was announced that the library would close soon and I promptly left.

No comments: