Friday, February 29, 2008

Sick powder and other spiffy things

Today I went skiing on some awesome blue runs with Simon, a little English guy from Oxford that I've met here. Things went well until I decided I was tired of standing, and would instead sit down on my skis. It was an excellent stack but in the process I sprained my right thumb. This annoys me because it means I might not be able to take notes when I go to the Robert McKee STORY seminar next week.

I fly to Los Angeles on Tuesday. I've changed my accommodation so that I'm now staying at a location less prone to gang land shootings. I'm staying at the Travel Lodge next to LAX. I'm going to see if I can reenact scenes from Heat while I'm there. I also found out that a Swiss guy I met at the hostel is also going to be in LA at the same time so were going to meet up. I figure we can party at the Viper Room and then take a photo of the corner where River Phoenix died. Los Angeles has a lot of history.

No comments: