Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vancouver City Limits

I took a shit after I checked into my hotel in Vancouver today. I fretted for a moment that I might be in some sort of existential Truman Show like situation when I flushed the toilet and the water rotated clock-wise. Subsequent flushes have all rotated anti-clockwise.

I know what I saw but I can't explain it.

Jet lag messed me up more then usual. I think it has more to do with the fact that I only had 8 hours sleep in the 3 days leading up to my flight. I finally finished packing and moved out of my house at 3:30am on Sunday. My plane left at 6:20am.

The flight over was pretty good but I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't crash land on the island (WARNING: Lost neediness follows). I really like that show.

It's good to finally be here (and other generic platitudes) as I was so busy in the week before I left. I'm sorry if I didn't get around to saying goodbye. It's probably because I don't like you very much.

The stop in Auckland was pretty choice. The international airport has a bar, a Burger King and a toilet within 20 metres of each other. It helped me pass the time. I just found out that the clock on my phone is 3 hours slow.

I was sure I set it when I arrived but it turns out it's 1am. That probably explains why everything closed so damn early.

2 comments:

Michael Baldwin said...

First time I've ever seen you use the word shit in a sentence. Nice opening.

Good to see you survived the flight over as I think it would only be a matter of hours before you ripped the fat guy's head off and got into an argument with Matthew Fox over who had better five o'clock shadow.

JamesX said...

I clearly have a better five o'clock shadow however Matthew Fox has got the all-around-the-head-with-the-same-gauge-razor look.