Monday, March 3, 2008

Leaving Big White

Today I left the hostel at Big White. I'm staying in Kelowna for the night and then I'm catching a plane to Los Angeles in the morning.

The first thing I did when I got to Kelowna was to eat a $1.50 Whopper from Burger King. There's no junk food on the mountain so I'd been hanging out for it. It just occurred to me that the burger cost me less then what it's costing me to tell you about it, but it was a really good burger.

It's funny that after being at the hostel for just over 2 weeks, it already felt quite homely. I'd made quite a few friends and it's unfortunate that as the ski season is nearing an end, a fair few of them will all be leaving within the next week while I'm gone.

After LA I'll be returning to Big White to ride out the end of the ski season until the end of March. I'll be touring the west coast of the US during early April, heading south from Vancouver and ending up in Los Vegas. Then I'll probably visit New York and head home.

I've thought of squeezing Mexico in there some where because I think that would be pretty cool.

No comments: