Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I hope I don't catch a cold...

...because this powder is sick!

It bucketed snow all day on Easter Sunday so we had some great snow on Monday morning. I stayed in and watched Groundhog Day on TV. I realised while I was watching it that it was a fitting movie to watch during a blizzard.

On Sunday night the hostel put on an turkey dinner for Easter which was possibly the best meal I've had in the last two months. After that I promptly fell asleep.

I woke up at 7:30 on Monday morning and got out as soon as the lifts opened. I got the chance to make fresh tracks on a powder day. I was out all day until 4:30. It was a pretty good day. The next day I was completely stuffed, I didn't go out until 2pm.

I've spent today packing my skis, boots and all my other winter clothing. I'm going to mail them back home so I don't have to lug it all the way down the west coast. Tomorrow I leave for Seattle.

1 comment:

Michael Baldwin said...

Hey James - sorry your skiing has come to an end. Hope you enjoy your road trip!

I am officially registering my reading of your latest blog entry...